How to get your Bond back
According to research more than 30% Australians live in rented spaces. After all with the boom in the prices of property, living on rent is considered a more economic option. Every renter knows the vows of moving out, plus all the stress ta this time sometimes becomes unbearable. Before you move out you need to make sure your property is in the same initial condition it was before you moved in. You need to carry out an end of lease clean if you want your bond money back. It’s a substantial amount in itself, almost four weeks rent.
The following tips can help ensure you get your bond money back.
- When moving into a new rented home you have got to make sure you keep a record of the current condition of the property. Also taking a few photos can be a good evidence of a pe move condition.
- Never delay cleaning up any sills and stains which occur while you are renting the home. This way it could be taken care off without becoming permanent.
- Avoid wearing shoes inside the home. Rather leave your outdoor shoes at the doorstep. Also it’s best to avoid smoking inside the house. Keep your stoves clean by ensuring all oil spills re taken care of immediately.
- If you are renting its best to not keep any pets. Pets tend to shed hair and often leave claw marks all over which could get you in trouble later on.
- Contact the landlord if you need things fixed. A leaking pipe can wreak havoc on the property. Though it’s not something which you should be fixing with your money but a request to the landlord should be put promptly.
- If you are planning on making improvements make sure you get a written permission from your landlord.
- By the end of the lease conduct your own survey. Check the condition of your property with the initial condition of the home when you first rented it.
- If any changes you made are non-compliant with your terms of lease, make sure you reverse those changes to avoid any problems.
- If any wear and tear has taken place you shouldn’t be stressing over it. This is because the landlord knows that things tend to get worn out over time. Like regular fading of curtains and indentions in the carpet are due to no fault of yours and thus won’t reflect on your bond.
- Before the final inspection make sure you steam clean the carpet. Get it done professionally so that it looks god as new and reflects well on you as a tenant.
- Also take care of the fumigation. If you notice any pests or roaches, fumigation could help get rid of them?
- Get help from professional end of lease cleaners. They can take care of cleaning the property in no time. You can focus on the more important aspects like moving out and doing other chores. Leave the cleaning to the professionals.